Steve's text: "I never thought I'd long for a Patterson or a Pie."
Patterson or Pie? That's scary to hear from my co-editor - real car-running-in-the-shut-garage talk. And yet what else would be a proper reaction after watching Cubs team led off by Dave Sapplet (ugh) manage two hits and one walk all night against the reanimated corpse of Wandy Rodriguez? You put out Lillibridge in his Bartman turtleneck and expect good things? No sir.
Other ugly things:
- Team OBP of .197 right now. All-Valbuena lineup!
- We've started the year 0-13 with runners in scoring position.
- New $52 million pitching guy Edwin Jackson lasted all of five innings.
- Michael Bowden looks about as bad as he did last year. Let's try to bring down that 18.00 H/9 stat.
- Anthony Rizzo looked to be decapitated at one point. Luckily this was not the case.
- The morning news and game reports blaming the poor game on the weather. They're going to have serious trouble playing at Wrigley through May, if that's really the case. I know it's hard to craft an angle out of a 2-hit nutshotting, but can't we just blame Lillibridge and his .000 OBP through two games?
- We're still in a tie for first. SAVOR THE MOMENT!
- Travis Wood and his glorious mountain man beard take the hill today at 11ish with a chance to win the series. Let's go Beardy!