Undoing Prior Damage?

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Undoing Prior Damage?

. Saturday, March 2, 2013

The site with which we fondly recall Mark Prior


In a bit of news so shocking, it inspired me to post for the first time since June 6, 2012 (lay off, blogging is hard work), the Tribune is reporting that Mark Prior is being picked up by the Reds with a minor league contract.  Of course. the ironic part is that the Reds are "coached" by the very man that many of us blame for ruining his arm and career.

"We had a strict 150 pitch limit, so I don't get it."

Last I had heard, Mark Prior was an assistant coach at a high school somewhere in California, so this certainly is quite a step up.  It reminds me of another inspirational story where a man that was so close to being the best in his sport until an injury ruins a promising career.  Sure, this man went on to great success (at least financially, maybe not emotionally), but something was missing.  It wasn't until he got around to coaching a group of ragtag kids that he found fulfillment, and eventually got that second chance we all wanted him to get.  Of course, the inspiring man is none other than Gordon Bombay himself.  So best of luck Mark, and when things look bleak, remember what the man before you was told by his detractor:

Why'd you turn against me, Gordon? For six years, I taughtcha how to skate, I taughtcha how to score, I taughtcha how to go for the "W". You could have been one of the greats! An' now look at yourself. You're not even a has-been. You're a never-was. 

"You quack do it Mark!"



0 comments: