2014 Beer Price Guide
Let's face it, they gouge you in Wrigleyville. Here is your official source of beer prices, containing only beers we have drank at bars we have drank them at.
Revolution Anti-Hero $6
Miller Lite (16 oz) $6
312 Wheat $3
312 Pale Ale $3
The Illinois $6
Old Style $2
We Were There!
7- 4 (2010)
8 - 7 (2009)
4 - 7 (2010)
8 - 6 (2009)
2014: Year of the Call Up
Top 10, All-Time Posts
Monday, October 1, 2012
Posted by John at 9:03 AM . Monday, October 1, 2012
- I forget that other ballparks have the benefit of modern design. It blew my mind that I didn't get stuck in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd on the concourses, waiting for some dumbfucks from Iowa to decide that grouping up and stopping mid-concourse isn't the best idea. It similarly blew my mind that I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for a beer, and never for the bathroom. Drink and pee at will - WHAT IS THIS PLACE?
- Saw Darwin Barney's streak end. Bizarrely, this was the second time I'd seen it in person. Back when he was tied with the NL mark, he was charged an error at Wrigley that was eventually switched to Luis Valbuena. Buy me season tickets and watch him turn into Chuck Knoblauch.
- Apparently, Chris Rusin was kind of a douchebag in college. As our WAIW Special Correspondent reports, at least. Rusin played college ball at Kentucky, and after taking a Friday loss one weekend, gave a hickish "YewHARRRR" yell every time the opposing team's pitcher was going into the pitching motion. FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. I wasn't even there and I want to throw a bat at him.
- On Saturday, Lendy Castillo loaded the bases and Trevor Cahill came to bat. Castillo walked him. On FOUR. FUCKING. PITCHES. I don't even know what to say about that one.
- The Big Unit, famously of Alice Cooperstown, is one big fucking hot dog. And, weirdly enough, comes plain unless you order the Man Vs. Food edition. I dressed the bastard up top myself. Since I don't have children, I imagine I'll keep a picture of the dog in my wallet to show strangers.
- Double points to Alice Cooper for (a) successfully marketing a hot dog that cannot be described as anything but "freakish" and (b) making sure it was a Vienna Beef dog.
- For a park with modern amenities and fan-aimed conveniences, Chase Field had the biggest collection of tube televisions I've seen in years. You know those super-sharp HDTVs at your favorite sports bar? If you covered those in Vaseline, it would look about the same.
- The win Sunday featured a nice meltdown of the sort that usually goes against us. Dave Sappelt, pinch-hitting with two outs and the bases loaded, dribbled to first and hit first at about the same time as reliever Matt Albers, who was covering. The umpire called him safe, Chase Field booed the shit out of him, and Albers plunked Anthony Recker (who?) on the very next pitch. The rout was on, and our seven game losing streak over. It was glorious.
WAIW 6th Annual Pub Crawl Shirts
Nintendo! Malort! Crawling! These are a few of our favorite things. They can be yours as well, with the simple purchase of this shirt. Timeline's tight on this one folks, so don't delay, as you need to get the order in by Friday. EARLY. What? Haven't you looked at the posting frequency? We're lazy.
Looking to buy? You are too late, sucka!