Aside from a surprisingly dominant Friday, this was not a particularly satisfying weekend series. Looking at the stats the morning after, it's worse than you might expect, all things considered. We're the flipside of the Cardinals pretty thoroughly - 3-7 overall, 22nd in MLB in batting average AND OBP, and also sporting a pathetic .342 slugging percentage. Even looking ahead to Dempster's next start, you've got the depressing fact that our best-performing pitcher is 0-1.
But hey, only four games back!
- So Jeff Samardzija either had one hell of a bad inning with runs to spare or he's back to being Regular Samardzija.
- I really thought Paul Maholm was a good pickup in the offseason for a year that we weren't throwing wads of cash about. For a 6-14 year, his 2011 was statistically solid - a 1.294 WHIP, an ERA just north of three and a half. All this was apparently a freak occurence, because he is fucking awful. He's leading the league in both earned runs and hit batters. Is it even worth watching a game he's starting? I know what a terrible box score looks like by this point.
- Lendy Castillo's clearly not ready to contribute to even our bullpen, but why let that keep us from anchoring him to the 25-man roster all year? Rule 5 is weird.
- If I were wondering how the Cubs were doing, and I turned on the TV and saw Rodrigo Lopez, I would immediately know it was a multi-run deficit. If he's in the game, it's a given that shit has gotten clearly out of hand.
- Ever take to the Twitters on a Cubs/Cards day? I swear the Cards fans are just smashing their greasy palms on whatever pre-paid Nokia phone the Kum N Go was marking down that week.
- Ryan Dempster faces the Marlins on Tuesday. Almost forgot he was an All-Star starting pitcher for them back in the day. But of course the story will be on Ozzie Castro and his evil socialist agenda. The man's been through so much, I bet he can't wait to get back to embarrassing himself in completely apolitical ways.
2014 Beer Price Guide
Let's face it, they gouge you in Wrigleyville. Here is your official source of beer prices, containing only beers we have drank at bars we have drank them at.
Revolution Anti-Hero $6
Miller Lite (16 oz) $6
312 Wheat $3
312 Pale Ale $3
The Illinois $6
Old Style $2
We Were There!
7- 4 (2010)
8 - 7 (2009)
4 - 7 (2010)
8 - 6 (2009)
2014: Year of the Call Up
Top 10, All-Time Posts
Monday, April 16, 2012
Posted by John at 7:33 AM . Monday, April 16, 2012
WAIW 6th Annual Pub Crawl Shirts
Nintendo! Malort! Crawling! These are a few of our favorite things. They can be yours as well, with the simple purchase of this shirt. Timeline's tight on this one folks, so don't delay, as you need to get the order in by Friday. EARLY. What? Haven't you looked at the posting frequency? We're lazy.
Looking to buy? You are too late, sucka!