Rain Day Tribute: Fat Elvis is King of All of You

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rain Day Tribute: Fat Elvis is King of All of You

. Thursday, April 28, 2011

No game yesterday, due to the fact that it's been raining, by my estimation, since the end of the blizzard. It saved us from a Casey Coleman start, so there's always that silver lining. It brought back, as the PPD notice always does, to my favorite rain delay of all time. Cubs/Pirates during that superb 2008 season. Dempster on the mound, and a reign of fury in the clouds. I was experiencing my first visit to D'Agostino's, which has by now become one of my favorite Cubs game traditions. The thunderstorm hit with a bang, so much so that the power flickered a few times. When it wasn't, we were treated to rain out coverage on the TV. While that's usually a snooze, this Fat Elvis cat decided to make things fun for everyone. And I found the video. Hail to the King, baby:




Glorious.

0 comments: