Starting Lineup's new "Awkward Pose Series" didn't sell very well.
Just when I start rooting for the losing streak, the Cubs have to go and ruin it for me. I really don't know what to say at this point - we're pretty horrible, and despite Lou's grumbling at the question, there's not a whole lot left to do but play the spoiler and hope that both Hendo and that weasley shit Crane Kenney are shitcanned forthwith. But hey, lets look at some positives I noticed in anticipation of our weekend shitbeating at the hands of the Reds.
- Byrd and Soto both have OBPs of over .375. Castro (.364) isn't far away. Hell, even Derrek Lee (.337) has made strides. And Soriano's (.326) isn't awesome, but it's higher than you'd suspect - and sure as shit higher than than Milton Bradley's (.298, also a crazy asshole).
- Dempster Baby got his first win in about a month or so, as I remember. Poor son of a bitch. Remember when people were bitching about his new $40M contract? Seems so long ago.
- Zambrano pitched last night. The headlines this morning aren't all about him freaking the fuck out. So that's something.
- Marshall's ERA is still only 2.60 after the dogshit week and a half he's had. I hate our bullpen so much.
- Castro is currently out-averaging Byrd (.318 to .316). Pretty impressive for someone who was a fetus when Fraggle Rock was still on the air.
In summation - HOORAY FOR A FEW THINGS!
2014 Beer Price Guide
Let's face it, they gouge you in Wrigleyville. Here is your official source of beer prices, containing only beers we have drank at bars we have drank them at.
Revolution Anti-Hero $6
Miller Lite (16 oz) $6
312 Wheat $3
312 Pale Ale $3
The Illinois $6
Old Style $2
We Were There!
7- 4 (2010)
8 - 7 (2009)
4 - 7 (2010)
8 - 6 (2009)
2014: Year of the Call Up
Top 10, All-Time Posts
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Posted by John at 8:21 AM . Thursday, August 5, 2010
WAIW 6th Annual Pub Crawl Shirts
Nintendo! Malort! Crawling! These are a few of our favorite things. They can be yours as well, with the simple purchase of this shirt. Timeline's tight on this one folks, so don't delay, as you need to get the order in by Friday. EARLY. What? Haven't you looked at the posting frequency? We're lazy.
Looking to buy? You are too late, sucka!