Brewers 4 - Cubs 3: Do We Now Start Rooting for 10 In a Row?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brewers 4 - Cubs 3: Do We Now Start Rooting for 10 In a Row?

. Wednesday, August 4, 2010



Haven't had a good levitating bat joke in awhile. Hey! Umm ... look at that levitating bat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seven in a row. Well shit. There's part of me that's in deep existential pain. Then there's that other part of me that is starting to root for a truly legendary losing streak to highlight for everyone else the success of the Ricketts' "If it's broke, don't fix it" plan. Fuck, I'd watch us lose 10 more in a row if it would mean a guarantee that the smarmy safari-clad fucks in ownership would regret that ridiculous Mastercard Pre-Sale for even a second. I mean, it's not like there's anything else to distract me - you know, like playoff baseball.



Soriano can't roll back over on his own. If you don't flip him back over, he dies in the sun.

On the plus side, an individual known as Thomas Diamond (International Art Thief) had a pretty decent game for a AAA-er. 7 innings, 10 Ks, and 122 pitches wasn't bad at all. He took the loss, but a lot of people on the Cubs have been doing that lately. Castro's hitting has raised his average to .309, and I'm considering nicknaming him "Rare Bright Spot." Sure could use a win one of these days, though. Should we lose the remaining two to the Brewers, I'll be in the catbird seat for the attempted 10th loss in a row on Friday. I mean, why not? Rejoice in victory, wallow in defeat. And I plan to wallow the shit out of the rest of this year.

0 comments: