So the weekend was happy - and sort of bittersweet. Let's do 2 lists of 5, because I'm writing this at my kitchen table, and it's chicken burger night. I gots me the expensive feta.
Not so Good
1. Losing in extras on a Sunday night and seeing the fucktards celebrate after losing a series? Not a great last impression of the weekend.
2. Could be the last Cardinals series for Theodore Roosevelt Lilly, who didn't even get to pitch. He of the famous Yadier Molina exploratory vaginoplasty.
3. Our bullpen? Still shitty. SHITTAY.
4. D.Lee and Fuku - favorites of WAIW - may also be gone. This will cause great WAIW sadness.
5. That HR to Pujols to tie the game on Sunday? Fucking BRUTAL.
1. Randy Wells pitched 7 nice innings of shutout ball. No shit.
2. NO HOWRY! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
3. I caught the majority of Saturday's game, including the ending, on WGN while driving to a barbecue at my parents' house. It was superb. The ninth inning was the kind of thing that keeps me listening to the Cubs no matter how bad we get.
4. Castro and Colvin ... dang. To think that a couple of years ago we wouldn't trade Feix Pie to get Brian Roberts. Crazy, no?
5. We won a series over the Cards. I don't care how bad we are, that always feels good.
Tomorrow night, TRL pitches what will probably be his last game for our Chicago Cubs. Wear pinstripes to work tomorrow. Black pinstripes. To grieve.
2014 Beer Price Guide
Let's face it, they gouge you in Wrigleyville. Here is your official source of beer prices, containing only beers we have drank at bars we have drank them at.
Revolution Anti-Hero $6
Miller Lite (16 oz) $6
312 Wheat $3
312 Pale Ale $3
The Illinois $6
Old Style $2
We Were There!
7- 4 (2010)
8 - 7 (2009)
4 - 7 (2010)
8 - 6 (2009)
2014: Year of the Call Up
Top 10, All-Time Posts
Monday, July 26, 2010
Posted by John at 5:54 PM . Monday, July 26, 2010
WAIW 6th Annual Pub Crawl Shirts
Nintendo! Malort! Crawling! These are a few of our favorite things. They can be yours as well, with the simple purchase of this shirt. Timeline's tight on this one folks, so don't delay, as you need to get the order in by Friday. EARLY. What? Haven't you looked at the posting frequency? We're lazy.
Looking to buy? You are too late, sucka!