... but one out of two isn't bad, right? After an offseason of semi-regular posts, we here at WAIW are ramping up to return to full-time baseball blogging. Sure, last year was a massive disappointment, but there's something freeing about the falling away of World Series expectations. Instead of constant anxiety over the lost 2008 playoffs and the closing window of expectation, we're just hoping to cross a few items off of this humble laundry list:
- Soriano hitting ... well, anything, really in April and May
- Marlon Byrd not accusing us of racism
- Wild Card contention in August
- Fukudome hitting over .280 past June
- Kevin Gregg, Aaron Heilman, and Aaron Miles never again showing up in blue pinstripes
- Marmol either getting under control or committing manslaughter with a fastball juuuust outside the zone
Our wait is over. This, as always, is The Year. And I, for one, cannot wait.
2014 Beer Price Guide
Let's face it, they gouge you in Wrigleyville. Here is your official source of beer prices, containing only beers we have drank at bars we have drank them at.
Revolution Anti-Hero $6
Miller Lite (16 oz) $6
312 Wheat $3
312 Pale Ale $3
The Illinois $6
Old Style $2
We Were There!
7- 4 (2010)
8 - 7 (2009)
4 - 7 (2010)
8 - 6 (2009)
2014: Year of the Call Up
Top 10, All-Time Posts
Monday, April 5, 2010
Posted by John at 7:28 AM . Monday, April 5, 2010
WAIW 6th Annual Pub Crawl Shirts
Nintendo! Malort! Crawling! These are a few of our favorite things. They can be yours as well, with the simple purchase of this shirt. Timeline's tight on this one folks, so don't delay, as you need to get the order in by Friday. EARLY. What? Haven't you looked at the posting frequency? We're lazy.
Looking to buy? You are too late, sucka!