WAIW PSA: Education = Tragedy

Monday, April 6, 2009

WAIW PSA: Education = Tragedy

. Monday, April 6, 2009

- So it appears that my pursuit of a graduate degree will once again foil my ability to fully enjoy baseball. Class tonight happens to coincide with the Z/Oswalt throwdown happening at 6:05 p.m. our time. Ditch it, you say? Well, that would be supremely ironic, as it is Law and Ethics class. Do you see me sporting a hipster belt buckle, grooming my NASCAR 'stache, and slurping down a PBR? I didn't think so. I'll be relegated to catching it during breaks and after class on my portable AM radio. That's right, I'm one of the six dozen or so people under 60 who own a portable AM radio. Want to fight about it?



- We're 5-5 since 1999 on MLB Opening Day. The last time we played the Astros on this occasion (1999), we lost 4-2. Of those five wins, one has come from Will Ohman and one from Glendon Rusch. Big Z? Es cero. Que lastima!

- Although the White Sox represent everything evil and wrong and horrible (regardless of shocking and fake April 1 announcements), we do sympathize with the fact that their Opening Day was canceled because Vishnu (or Kali, we're not quite sure) hates the Midwest. If not for a new field and the timely intervention of a couple dozen squeegees, we also would have been SOL for Opening Day at Wrigley last year. While the only WAIW Salute we'll be giving Sox fans is the finger, no one deserves to have Opening Day go down the tubes. And the day before - that's for sucks.

1 comments:

Angry Mike said...

Fuck man. I did the online thing (for selfish reasons...I had a family member in faculty that allow me to get free classes) but you can name your own hours.

As an engineer and an aspiring business person I see this type of thing taking off in the future for exactly the situation you are talking about.

Sometimes people don't want to interrupt there every day life. Why should they when they could learn just as well at 10pm as 6pm...assuming there has been minimal alcohol intact.

Anyway, I'm going to get off my high horse. Was a solid game tonight. 2/3 of the Idiots will be gathering at Lazy's tomorrow for the game tomorrow. I guess Ginger will just have to miss out again.