What The H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks?!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What The H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks?!

. Tuesday, March 3, 2009


I haven't seen this kind of capitalization of Cubs popularity since the Brewers schedule was released


Every Tuesday, John, his lady, and I meet up for our traditional Quiz Night Tuesdays - sadly our 2 week reign as champions has come to an end.  This week also marked the return of John's quest from regular fan to Jimmy-Fallon-in-Fever-Pitch-Fan (nominate that reference!) in Mesa.  Ever the upstanding gentlemen, he returned with a spectacular Cubs Spring Training shirt for yours truly (thanks again!).  During the down periods of hearing recaps on meeting our BBFF (Best Blog Friends Forever, obviously) and incorrectly answering what year Thriller was released, we watched the Blackhawks game.  It was quite a good game, with the Hawks getting a 3-2 win in overtime.  However, during the celebration at the UC, the camera panned to a fan proudly displaying...a Blackhawks "W" Flag?!?  

Now, I know John McDonough has taken over as president of the organization, and he is doing a wonderful job making the Blackhawks relevant again in this town.  However, this seems a little contrived.  I mean, what is next...


"Wallet, Wooo, Stolen, Wooo!"



They are holding the greatest prize in AHL and not a single person is looking at them



Oh, wait...

4 comments:

jenzie1231 said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the hawks flying the W flag. I noticed it when I was at the game the other day...I think the only reason that I dont like it is because I just don't want them being jinx'haha. They're doing just fine without any connection (well, besides Mcdonnah) to the cubs. Don't get me wrong, I'm a hard core cubs fan, I just know not to get my hopes up.

Steve said...

the only curse the hawks had is now buried...

J Dot said...

I was unaware they had stole the W. I would be outraged, but it's only a letter. If they steal any more though, it's clobbering time.

John said...

I would be more than willing to let them steal John Cusack or Jim Belushi. Might even throw in a six pack of Labatt's and a Snuggie if they do so quickly.