Gregg Named Closer, Local "G" Manufacturer Reportedly Thrilled

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gregg Named Closer, Local "G" Manufacturer Reportedly Thrilled

. Sunday, March 29, 2009

This image inspires nothing but confidence in our closer


It is being reported that Kevin Gregg has been named the closer over Carlos Marmol, which I personally find disappointing.  I know both have had good Springs, but we here at WAIW are unabashedly pro-Marmol.  I think Marmol deserves at shot at closer, and will undoubtedly get his opportunity, whether it is this year our not.  That being said, these leaves us with one of the filthiest set-up men in the league.  While I'm sure opinions will be split, I will hold my ultimate judgment once I get to see more of Gregg in action. 

Back to March Madness, enjoy your Sunday.

1 comments:

Brant Brown said...

Marmol will eventually move in as closer. I'm pro-Gregg, at least through the first six weeks or so, mostly based experience and his awesome spring. It's just a luxury to have two guys that can do the job.