Happy Cubs Ticket Day!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Cubs Ticket Day!

. Friday, February 20, 2009


Some morons actually still go to Wrigley to try to get a wristband, see above. 


Today is like a holiday for John and I.  As soon as the schedule is released, we pour over it, looking for which games we will target on ticket sale day.  Unlike our pals at View From The Bleachers, we still get excited about it, and dammit, I don't care.  I have already listened to "Go, Cubs, Go" 7 times today, and it will be on repeat at 9:30 when the Virtual Waiting Room begins.

This year I am going conservative with my sales day targets, finding I have had great luck over on Craigslist for those last minute "I see a cheap ticket" games I attend.  My strategy is to go for games I think the scalping value will be greater than face value.  This year's targets: Opening Day, June 20 vs. the Indians, July 11 vs the Cardinals, October 4 vs. the Diamondbacks for the last game (well, regular season anyway...by my calculation we should have 6 more, counting on us sweeping every round of the playoffs) of the year.  

So what are your targets?  Let us know what you are going for, what you got, etc.  and we will compare and contrast the beauty of out respective purchases.

Get your credit cards ready, its the day we've been waiting for. 

20 comments:

Bree said...

I'm aiming for Friday, June 19 against the Indians... think the Saturday game is a better idea?

Steve said...

Well, Saturday seems more conducive to rocking, though Friday afternoon games are brilliant. Looks like we found the date of the mini-party.

Steve said...

also - john has just informed me that 8/11 in ryno bobblehead day. add it to the list!

Bree said...

notgonnalie.... the cubs apron giveaway is slightly influencing my friday decision.

Steve said...

welp, john and i had a successful hour. posts to come soon.

J.J. said...

I'm still sitting in the waiting room watching my chances for Indians tickets go bye-bye.

jenzie1231 said...

me too J.J!!!

Steve said...

that sucks JJ and Jen - I got a pair of Indians tickets on Saturday. Now my goal is to find someone to go with that will not talk about DeRosa for 3 hours.

John said...

You can always attempt the Stubhub. I, for one, enjoy giving someone fifteen dollars to flip me the bird and call it "convenience." Still - K-Woo and DeRo. Can we put a price on that?

emily said...

Steve, it looks like John is not that person.

Steve said...

no joke - he is just like a schoolgirl. true story, yesterday i got this message from him:

"I'll text you after class"

im sure he was giggling too.

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

You son of a bitch ... you are so not invited to my birthday at the bowling alley

Steve said...

i like that it took you two tries to come up with that.

John said...

There was a typo in the frist one.

...


Oh, fuck

Steve said...

look at the clever one!

good thing the people knew that we were gchatting and telling each other we replied to our respective responses. cause then it would seem like we were padding our proverbial "comment" stats.

Steve said...

oh - and that typo was legit..not so much a typo but doesn't make sense.

it should say "don't know"...i wasn't trying to be clever.

J.J. said...

Steve, you got in, and had the opportunity to get Indians tickets, and only got TWO? I would happily take any extras off your hands.

Steve said...

JJ - you are going to be upset when you hear about the loot that John and I scored...I hit all of my targets, its fair to say.

J.J. said...

AAARGGH. I don't want to hear it. I did finally got in, and got tickets to one of the games on my list. Fergie Jenkins Bobble head day!