Poll Results: Mr. Cub - One More Time?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Poll Results: Mr. Cub - One More Time?

. Monday, July 28, 2008

Ernie Banks: So popular, even Italian pop sensations Eiffel 65 wrote a song about him


In another close poll, Ernie Banks beat out Ron Santo and Ryne Sandberg as the Cub you would most like to see again. I think it is no secret that Mr. Cub himself is a huge fan of W.A.I.W., as he had this to say today:

"I've dreamed about this for a long time. All of these other [Hall of Famers]
have played in the World Series, and they always talk about [it]. This year I'm
going to talk with the commissioner and see if I can be added to [the Cubs']
roster Aug. 31 and have a chance to play in the World Series."
Coincidence? I hardly think so.
Bud Selig had this to say in response:

"There are a lot of things the commissioner can and cannot do," Selig said.
"This is one he can't do."
After 3 minutes of silence, polite laughter ensued.

0 comments: